Friday, May 8, 2015

FATE OF A VAGRANT

Wandering around like the tattered kite in the sky
Subjected to hostility of the highest kind
As though I have no aim to soar high
But merciless mercy is what I have to find

Stranded like a stranger
Tied with the rope of joyous suffering
Saturated with the truthful lies of a future leader
Yet I ramble like a spirit every morning

I trudge up to home's door
Crouching like a leper to the rusty floor
Searching Instead of better life an home work
Major in sweeping and car wash

Like a runner without a mission
I become a wanderer like I have no vision
From place to place I search of daily bread
And when the night comes, a times under a
bridge I hang my head

Papers and cardboard become wrapper
In the cozy dreadful night
Left to dialogue with men of the underworld
Until the sign of a bright morning light

Day in; Day out
Life whispers the wind of sorrow
Build upon the foundation of fate
To linger in mind a fearful tomorrow

However, they ask me to keep up faith
Faith! What does faith has to do with fate?
Could it break the shackles of fate?
Or I stumble in faith in vain till I become late
Should this forever be my fate?


(C) Copyright
Timileyin Gabriel Olajuwon

No comments:

Post a Comment